Crews tackle hotel tumble dryer blaze

PUBLISHED: 14:23 15 January 2015 | UPDATED: 14:23 15 January 2015

Archant

Fire crews were called to the Victoria Hotel earlier today (Thursday) after they received a report of a blaze in a laundry room.

Two applicances from Seaton, one from Exmouth and an aerial platform from Danes Castle attended the incident on The Esplanade at 12.21pm.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said the fire involved the contents of one of the hotel’s industrial tumble dryers.

The spokesman added: “On arrival crews confirmed fire in ground floor of building, building evacuated and crews got to work extinguishing using two breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet.

“Crews extinguished the fire using two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, one safety jet, thermal image camera and a positive pressure fan.

“The cause of the fire was accidental.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Sidmouth Herald. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Sidmouth Herald