Crews tackle hotel tumble dryer blaze
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews were called to the Victoria Hotel earlier today (Thursday) after they received a report of a blaze in a laundry room.
Two applicances from Seaton, one from Exmouth and an aerial platform from Danes Castle attended the incident on The Esplanade at 12.21pm.
A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said the fire involved the contents of one of the hotel’s industrial tumble dryers.
The spokesman added: “On arrival crews confirmed fire in ground floor of building, building evacuated and crews got to work extinguishing using two breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet.
“Crews extinguished the fire using two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, one safety jet, thermal image camera and a positive pressure fan.
You may also want to watch:
“The cause of the fire was accidental.”
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 6 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 7 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 8 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 9 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 10 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home