Crews tackle hotel tumble dryer blaze
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews were called to the Victoria Hotel earlier today (Thursday) after they received a report of a blaze in a laundry room.
Two applicances from Seaton, one from Exmouth and an aerial platform from Danes Castle attended the incident on The Esplanade at 12.21pm.
A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said the fire involved the contents of one of the hotel’s industrial tumble dryers.
The spokesman added: “On arrival crews confirmed fire in ground floor of building, building evacuated and crews got to work extinguishing using two breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet.
“Crews extinguished the fire using two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, one safety jet, thermal image camera and a positive pressure fan.
You may also want to watch:
“The cause of the fire was accidental.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future