Crews tackle hotel tumble dryer blaze
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews were called to the Victoria Hotel earlier today (Thursday) after they received a report of a blaze in a laundry room.
Two applicances from Seaton, one from Exmouth and an aerial platform from Danes Castle attended the incident on The Esplanade at 12.21pm.
A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said the fire involved the contents of one of the hotel’s industrial tumble dryers.
The spokesman added: “On arrival crews confirmed fire in ground floor of building, building evacuated and crews got to work extinguishing using two breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet.
“Crews extinguished the fire using two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, one safety jet, thermal image camera and a positive pressure fan.
You may also want to watch:
“The cause of the fire was accidental.”
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 6 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community
- 7 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 10 After shopping in town why not give your feet a treat