Crime down on last year
SEPTEMBER saw a total of five crimes in Beer and Branscombe, down two on the same time last year.
In Beer there were two crimes reported, compared to 11 last month and six for September 2009.
On Monday, September 6, an 83-year-old local male was arrested for drink driving. He is currently on bail pending the result of a blood test. Between Saturday and Sunday, September 11 and 12, a vase and a painting were stolen from the Steam Gallery.
Extra police patrols are being carried out at the Jubilee Shelter following concerns over litter and youths congregating.
Branscombe saw three crimes, compared to none last month and one in September 2009. This included a burglary overnight on Thursday, September 9, at The Bulstone Hotel on the outskirts of the village. The hotel was broken into and property totalling several hundred pounds stolen from the office area. A barn nearby was broken into beforehand and a metal bar stolen, which was used to break into the hotel.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information about any of these incidents can contact Seaton Police Station on 08452 777 444 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 5 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 6 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 7 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start