Crime down on last year
SEPTEMBER saw a total of five crimes in Beer and Branscombe, down two on the same time last year.
In Beer there were two crimes reported, compared to 11 last month and six for September 2009.
On Monday, September 6, an 83-year-old local male was arrested for drink driving. He is currently on bail pending the result of a blood test. Between Saturday and Sunday, September 11 and 12, a vase and a painting were stolen from the Steam Gallery.
Extra police patrols are being carried out at the Jubilee Shelter following concerns over litter and youths congregating.
Branscombe saw three crimes, compared to none last month and one in September 2009. This included a burglary overnight on Thursday, September 9, at The Bulstone Hotel on the outskirts of the village. The hotel was broken into and property totalling several hundred pounds stolen from the office area. A barn nearby was broken into beforehand and a metal bar stolen, which was used to break into the hotel.
Anyone with any information about any of these incidents can contact Seaton Police Station on 08452 777 444 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 2 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
- 3 Exeter vaccine centre at Greendale will remain open
- 4 School steps up safety at road crossing areas
- 5 Managing the woodland at the Knapp in Sidmouth
- 6 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 7 British Heart Foundation shop in Sidmouth urgently seeking volunteers
- 8 Abolishing BBC licence fee is 'sparpling' from bigger issue
- 9 New police station will help address challenges in keeping residents safe
- 10 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money