Crime down on last year
SEPTEMBER saw a total of five crimes in Beer and Branscombe, down two on the same time last year.
In Beer there were two crimes reported, compared to 11 last month and six for September 2009.
On Monday, September 6, an 83-year-old local male was arrested for drink driving. He is currently on bail pending the result of a blood test. Between Saturday and Sunday, September 11 and 12, a vase and a painting were stolen from the Steam Gallery.
Extra police patrols are being carried out at the Jubilee Shelter following concerns over litter and youths congregating.
Branscombe saw three crimes, compared to none last month and one in September 2009. This included a burglary overnight on Thursday, September 9, at The Bulstone Hotel on the outskirts of the village. The hotel was broken into and property totalling several hundred pounds stolen from the office area. A barn nearby was broken into beforehand and a metal bar stolen, which was used to break into the hotel.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information about any of these incidents can contact Seaton Police Station on 08452 777 444 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Pianist set to delight audiences in 50th anniversary season
- 9 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching
- 10 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members