Crime down on last year
SEPTEMBER saw a total of five crimes in Beer and Branscombe, down two on the same time last year.
In Beer there were two crimes reported, compared to 11 last month and six for September 2009.
On Monday, September 6, an 83-year-old local male was arrested for drink driving. He is currently on bail pending the result of a blood test. Between Saturday and Sunday, September 11 and 12, a vase and a painting were stolen from the Steam Gallery.
Extra police patrols are being carried out at the Jubilee Shelter following concerns over litter and youths congregating.
Branscombe saw three crimes, compared to none last month and one in September 2009. This included a burglary overnight on Thursday, September 9, at The Bulstone Hotel on the outskirts of the village. The hotel was broken into and property totalling several hundred pounds stolen from the office area. A barn nearby was broken into beforehand and a metal bar stolen, which was used to break into the hotel.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information about any of these incidents can contact Seaton Police Station on 08452 777 444 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 9 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 10 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand