Crime falls in Beer for 2016/17
- Credit: Archant
Police have reported ‘very low crime’ in Beer in 2016/17.
PC Mike McGauley said the total reported crime had fallen from 30 in 2015/16 to 28 in the same period.
He said the biggest factor in the total was criminal damage - with eight incidents reported, including damage to five vehicles, one property, one boat and one motorcycle.
PC McGauley said: “Considering staff levels we have had at the moment and with all the help of the good residents of Beer, we have done alright.
“For crime completely, you are very low. This comes down to the residents reporting and engaging with us and giving us the intelligence that we need so we can jump on it and it does help.
You may also want to watch:
The reported crimes in Beer included:
Four cases of violence with injuries; four cases of violence without injuries; three cases of vehicle offences; one case of shoplifting; four cases of other thefts; eight cases of criminal damage; three cases of public order offences; one case of possession of drugs.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 5 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 6 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 7 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 8 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout