Crime falls in Beer for 2016/17
- Credit: Archant
Police have reported ‘very low crime’ in Beer in 2016/17.
PC Mike McGauley said the total reported crime had fallen from 30 in 2015/16 to 28 in the same period.
He said the biggest factor in the total was criminal damage - with eight incidents reported, including damage to five vehicles, one property, one boat and one motorcycle.
PC McGauley said: “Considering staff levels we have had at the moment and with all the help of the good residents of Beer, we have done alright.
“For crime completely, you are very low. This comes down to the residents reporting and engaging with us and giving us the intelligence that we need so we can jump on it and it does help.
You may also want to watch:
The reported crimes in Beer included:
Four cases of violence with injuries; four cases of violence without injuries; three cases of vehicle offences; one case of shoplifting; four cases of other thefts; eight cases of criminal damage; three cases of public order offences; one case of possession of drugs.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 9 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 10 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary