Crime rises in villages
CRIME in Beer and Branscombe is up on this time last year, according to the latest figures from Seaton Rural’s neighbourhood policing team.
In Beer in November, five crimes were reported, compared to one last month and two in November 2009.
In Branscombe, there was one reported crime in November, compared to none last month and one for November 2009.
On November 7, a 70-year-old man was arrested for drink driving on the A3052 and has been charged to court.
Between November 6 and 7, the panels of a Land Rover parked in Beer’s central car park were scratched (crime reference: KN/10/443).
You may also want to watch:
On November 14, a domestic assault was reported in Beer and on November 16, a Peugeot parked in Underleys was broken into and a CD player, CDs and glasses stolen were (crime reference: KN/10/457).
A vehicle parked in Fore Street, Beer, between November 25 and 26 had its panels scratched (crime reference: KN/10/469).
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
On November 13, a Renault car parked outside the Fountain Head, Branscombe, was broken into and a make-up bag stolen (crime reference: KN/10/451). Anyone who has any information regarding any of these incidents can call the police on 08452 777 444 quoting the relevant crime reference.