Crime rises in villages
CRIME in Beer and Branscombe is up on this time last year, according to the latest figures from Seaton Rural’s neighbourhood policing team.
In Beer in November, five crimes were reported, compared to one last month and two in November 2009.
In Branscombe, there was one reported crime in November, compared to none last month and one for November 2009.
On November 7, a 70-year-old man was arrested for drink driving on the A3052 and has been charged to court.
Between November 6 and 7, the panels of a Land Rover parked in Beer’s central car park were scratched (crime reference: KN/10/443).
You may also want to watch:
On November 14, a domestic assault was reported in Beer and on November 16, a Peugeot parked in Underleys was broken into and a CD player, CDs and glasses stolen were (crime reference: KN/10/457).
A vehicle parked in Fore Street, Beer, between November 25 and 26 had its panels scratched (crime reference: KN/10/469).
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 6 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 7 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 8 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 9 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
On November 13, a Renault car parked outside the Fountain Head, Branscombe, was broken into and a make-up bag stolen (crime reference: KN/10/451). Anyone who has any information regarding any of these incidents can call the police on 08452 777 444 quoting the relevant crime reference.