Criminal rampage in Ottery car park
Car windscreens smashed and shattered
POLICE have appealed for information after vandals went on the rampage in Ottery St Mary.
Extensive damage was caused to two vehicles in the Land of Canaan car park between 7.30pm on Wednesday (February 23) and around 6am yesterday (Thursday, February 24).
Both vehicles had their rear windscreens smashed, one also had its front windscreen shattered.
Officers said criminals searched both and the doors were left open.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officers added large lumps of timber were left at the scene and could have been used to cause the damage.
“This would have been noisy and taken some time,” a force spokesperson told the Herald.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 9 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 10 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the damage being caused, or who has any information that may assist in identifying the suspects. Contact them on 08452 777444 quoting crime KO/11/107. Alternatively Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously on 0800 555111.