Criminal rampage in Ottery car park
Car windscreens smashed and shattered
POLICE have appealed for information after vandals went on the rampage in Ottery St Mary.
Extensive damage was caused to two vehicles in the Land of Canaan car park between 7.30pm on Wednesday (February 23) and around 6am yesterday (Thursday, February 24).
Both vehicles had their rear windscreens smashed, one also had its front windscreen shattered.
Officers said criminals searched both and the doors were left open.
Investigating officers added large lumps of timber were left at the scene and could have been used to cause the damage.
“This would have been noisy and taken some time,” a force spokesperson told the Herald.
- 1 'It's a nightmare': Sidmouth business react as roadworks get underway
- 2 Night-time fish thief makes daring raids on Otter Garden Centre pond
- 3 Exciting discovery as Sidmouth observatory reopens
- 4 Mental health awareness and fundraising at Sidmouth
- 5 'Small farmers' livelihoods face collapse, post-Brexit'
- 6 Litter pickers shocked by amount of waste in river Otter
- 7 'Stunning' donation made to Dream-A-Way by HMS Defender
- 8 'I am pro-vaccine, but I am also pro-choice'
- 9 Sidmouth on the climb while Otters rebuild
- 10 Property firm on lookout for development land in East Devon
Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the damage being caused, or who has any information that may assist in identifying the suspects. Contact them on 08452 777444 quoting crime KO/11/107. Alternatively Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously on 0800 555111.