Sidmouth Folk Festival: crowdfunding campaign and virtual event announced
- Credit: Archant
A crowdfunding campaign is being launched to ensure that the Sidmouth Folk Festival can take place next year.
The 2020 festival was cancelled because of the Covid-19 crisis, but organisers are planning a virtual event, taking place at the same time.
Many people who had bought tickets to this year’s event have already carried them over to 2021 rather than asking for a refund.
Others have already donated via the festival’s Just Giving page
The crowdfunding campaign will be officially launched on Tuesday, June 30, and will run until Tuesday, August 4.
Further details, including the ‘very attractive rewards’ on offer in return for donation pledges, will be announced in the lead-up to the launch.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the festival said: “We very much hope that everyone in the town and surrounding area will recognise the value that the festival brings, and will want to help us keep this tradition going for a long time to come.”
For further information visit the festival’s website and its Facebook and Twitter pages.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start