Culture ambassadors needed in East Devon
Volunteer culture ambassadors are being sought by East Devon District Council (EDDC).
Residents are needed to help the authority manage the arts in the region.
Council chiefs want to find two people who can sit on East Devon’s Arts and Culture Forum as well as mentor their staff in specific skills.
Sought after skills include marketing expertise, fundraising experience and networking knowledge, time to mentor and coach people in business planning and ability to develop volunteering and support networks.
“We are up against major reductions in public finances and need to find ways to help our cultural centres survive these difficult economic times,” said an EDDC spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
“We have a gallery, local arts programme, a theatre and a series of wider arts development programmes, all of which would benefit from extra help right now.”
Contact EDDC at email@example.com with a brief description of the skills and help you could bring.
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
The closing date is Thursday, January 31.