Culture ambassadors needed in East Devon
Volunteer culture ambassadors are being sought by East Devon District Council (EDDC).
Residents are needed to help the authority manage the arts in the region.
Council chiefs want to find two people who can sit on East Devon’s Arts and Culture Forum as well as mentor their staff in specific skills.
Sought after skills include marketing expertise, fundraising experience and networking knowledge, time to mentor and coach people in business planning and ability to develop volunteering and support networks.
“We are up against major reductions in public finances and need to find ways to help our cultural centres survive these difficult economic times,” said an EDDC spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
“We have a gallery, local arts programme, a theatre and a series of wider arts development programmes, all of which would benefit from extra help right now.”
Contact EDDC at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of the skills and help you could bring.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 5 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 6 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 7 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 8 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
The closing date is Thursday, January 31.