Curry and quiz night net �410 for CAMPAIGN 2012
A CURRY and quiz night raised �410 to help CAMPAIGN 2012’s aim to net a new minibus for Sidmouth Primary School.
Nine teams competed in the event, on April 27, with PTFA co-chairman, Greg Ward, acting as quiz master.
The first prize was a voucher and wine with a consolation prize of cocoa for the losers.
A raffle raised �70 towards the profit and the curry, provided by Sidmouth Tandoori, was a big hit, said organisers.
A disco will be held at the school’s Woolbrook site next for children to celebrate the end of their SATS tests.
Tickets (�1) and can be ordered through the school. Profit will go towards the minibus campaign.
Members of the PTFA will be selling Salcombe Regis Fair raffle tickets outside the Co-operative in High Street next Saturday, May 26, from 10am.
- 1 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 2 Ottery couple celebrate platinum wedding anniversary
- 3 Time to start preparing for potentially harsh winter
- 4 Missing woman may be in Sidmouth
- 5 Commonwealth Games work gives Sidmouth student 'amazing experience' of live TV
- 6 Town council joins protest against Sidmouth bus cuts
- 7 Heatwave may have caused latest Sidmouth cliff falls
- 8 Residents plagued by aggressive rogue traders
- 9 Post-lockdown images become public art on Sidmouth billboard
- 10 Decision on Straitgate's appeal funding deferred
Sales will support both the fair, on June 7, and the minibus campaign.