Curry and quiz night net �410 for CAMPAIGN 2012
A CURRY and quiz night raised �410 to help CAMPAIGN 2012’s aim to net a new minibus for Sidmouth Primary School.
Nine teams competed in the event, on April 27, with PTFA co-chairman, Greg Ward, acting as quiz master.
The first prize was a voucher and wine with a consolation prize of cocoa for the losers.
A raffle raised �70 towards the profit and the curry, provided by Sidmouth Tandoori, was a big hit, said organisers.
A disco will be held at the school’s Woolbrook site next for children to celebrate the end of their SATS tests.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets (�1) and can be ordered through the school. Profit will go towards the minibus campaign.
Members of the PTFA will be selling Salcombe Regis Fair raffle tickets outside the Co-operative in High Street next Saturday, May 26, from 10am.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 5 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 6 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 7 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 8 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 9 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 10 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
Sales will support both the fair, on June 7, and the minibus campaign.