Cyclists complete mammoth challenge for Alzheimer’s Research
- Credit: Archant
Eight men cycled from London to Sidmouth to raise money for Alzheimer’s Research.
The group, aged between 26 and 55, are Adrian Hilderly, Owen Conway, Malcolm Parrott, Andy Pearce, Mark Smith, Chris Skelton, Ian Skelton and Kevin Farr.
They left London on Friday morning (August 14) and arrived at Sidmouth beach at 2pm on Sunday (August 16).
The route they took was approximately 200 miles and so far, they have raised £1,500 for the charity.
Owen said: “Our challenge was an amazing experience! Still feeling it in my legs though. We managed to raise lots of money for Alzheimer’s Research UK, a charity very close to my heart.
You may also want to watch:
Adrian said: “We really enjoyed the ride and finally arriving in Sidmouth, where we celebrated in Dukes. The hills in Dorset and Devon were a bit challenging though!”
They chose Alzheimer’s Research UK because the grandfather of one of the riders has the disease and all the others know someone who has had it. If you wish to learn more or to donate, visit www.justgiving.com/team/sidmouthorbust.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 7 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 8 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 9 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start