Cycle challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
A team of cyclists from Colyton Grammar School is planning to cycle from Lyme Regis to Land’s End for charity.
Seven Colyton Grammar School sixth formers are planning to cycle from Lyme Regis to Land’s End for Children’s Hospice South West.
Tristan Allen, Joe Watton, Jonty Eaton-Hart, Andrew Taylor, Rebecca Hart, Matthew von Lany and Charlie Spicer will be setting off on Monday, April 4, and plan to arrive at their destination on Wednesday, April 6, having covered 260km and climbed more than 4,000m, nearly half the height of Mount Everest.
Tristan, of Oak Close, Ottery St Mary, explained why they were taking on their cycling challenge.
He said: “We have chosen to cycle from Lyme Regis to Land End for the Children’s Hospice South West because of the amazing impact that they have on the lives of the less fortunate children.
You may also want to watch:
“We feel that palliative care is possibly one of the most difficult types of care to administer because each family case is very different from another.
“However, it is possibly one of the most important types of care since it has a massive impact on the quality of life of the child during their final few weeks, yet also an enormous long-term impact on the family of the child.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
“We hope to be able to help Children’s Hospice South West continue their amazing work in our community.”
The team is being backed by Lovells Garage, in Ottery St Mary, which is supplying a support van.
If you want to sponsor the team, you can do so by visiting https:www.justgiving.comlymeregistolandsend or by texting LTLE55 £5 (or £1,2,3,4 or 10) to 70070.
Please watch their video, which will tell you a bit about the charity, and then some footage of them preparing for the challenge by clicking on the link.