DAAT sets groundwork to move forward in 2015
- Credit: Archant
The chief executive officer of Devon Air Ambulance Trust (DAAT) has reflected on an ‘amazing’ year - and revealed plans for how the charity will move forward.
Heléna Holt said she has been left ‘astounded’ at the efforts put in by the community and businesses to ensure DAAT continues to operate.
The organisation needs to draw in £4.5million every year to run its service – carried out by two state-of-the-art Eurocopter EC135s.
The charity also became truly independent earlier in March this year after being granted its own air operating certificate.
Heléna said: “This year has been yet another extraordinary one, not only from a fundraising perspective, but also in relation to operational developments.
You may also want to watch:
“Looking forward to 2015, we are definitely going to continue moving forward and building on what we have achieved this year.
“The most exciting of these will lead up to extending our flying hours into the night. This will only happen if DAAT increases its regular income by £1million a year.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
“We also need to establish a network of community helipads across the county.
“This would allow us to have pre-surveyed lit sites to land at during the hours of darkness, which in the winter can be as early as 4.30pm.
“We would love to hear from you if you would like to express an interest to help in your community, or you know of a suitable site.”
To fundraise, or get more information about DAAT, visit www.daat.org, or email the team on email@example.com