DAAT sets groundwork to move forward in 2015
- Credit: Archant
The chief executive officer of Devon Air Ambulance Trust (DAAT) has reflected on an ‘amazing’ year - and revealed plans for how the charity will move forward.
Heléna Holt said she has been left ‘astounded’ at the efforts put in by the community and businesses to ensure DAAT continues to operate.
The organisation needs to draw in £4.5million every year to run its service – carried out by two state-of-the-art Eurocopter EC135s.
The charity also became truly independent earlier in March this year after being granted its own air operating certificate.
Heléna said: “This year has been yet another extraordinary one, not only from a fundraising perspective, but also in relation to operational developments.
You may also want to watch:
“Looking forward to 2015, we are definitely going to continue moving forward and building on what we have achieved this year.
“The most exciting of these will lead up to extending our flying hours into the night. This will only happen if DAAT increases its regular income by £1million a year.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop
“We also need to establish a network of community helipads across the county.
“This would allow us to have pre-surveyed lit sites to land at during the hours of darkness, which in the winter can be as early as 4.30pm.
“We would love to hear from you if you would like to express an interest to help in your community, or you know of a suitable site.”
To fundraise, or get more information about DAAT, visit www.daat.org, or email the team on email@example.com