DAAT sets groundwork to move forward in 2015
- Credit: Archant
The chief executive officer of Devon Air Ambulance Trust (DAAT) has reflected on an ‘amazing’ year - and revealed plans for how the charity will move forward.
Heléna Holt said she has been left ‘astounded’ at the efforts put in by the community and businesses to ensure DAAT continues to operate.
The organisation needs to draw in £4.5million every year to run its service – carried out by two state-of-the-art Eurocopter EC135s.
The charity also became truly independent earlier in March this year after being granted its own air operating certificate.
Heléna said: “This year has been yet another extraordinary one, not only from a fundraising perspective, but also in relation to operational developments.
You may also want to watch:
“Looking forward to 2015, we are definitely going to continue moving forward and building on what we have achieved this year.
“The most exciting of these will lead up to extending our flying hours into the night. This will only happen if DAAT increases its regular income by £1million a year.
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 6 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 7 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 8 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
“We also need to establish a network of community helipads across the county.
“This would allow us to have pre-surveyed lit sites to land at during the hours of darkness, which in the winter can be as early as 4.30pm.
“We would love to hear from you if you would like to express an interest to help in your community, or you know of a suitable site.”
To fundraise, or get more information about DAAT, visit www.daat.org, or email the team on firstname.lastname@example.org