Dad’s marathon effort in memory of murdered daughter
Patrick runs in Paris for Sidmouth’s The Donkey Sanctuary - late Rebecca’s favourite cause
A MARATHON-RUNNING dad raised nearly �2,000 for a Sidmouth charity, in memory of his murdered daughter.
Patrick Rice, 57, of Woodbridge, Suffolk, raised the sterling sum by completing his first-ever 26-mile challenge in Paris on Sunday, in four hours and 23 minutes.
The cash will go to The Donkey Sanctuary – his late daughter Rebecca’s favourite cause.
Aspiring model Rebecca was killed by her boyfriend in 2006 when she was just 18.
“Rather than have flowers at her funeral, we asked everybody to donate money to The Donkey Sanctuary, as this was a charity close to her heart,” said Patrick.
Patrick said he was pleased with his running time and took the chance to relax in the French capital for a few days.
- 1 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 2 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 3 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 4 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 5 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 6 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 7 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 8 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 9 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 10 Ottery's big switch on lights up the town
He thanked all Herald readers and Sidmouth residents who sponsored him.