Daleks invade Otter Nurseries
Customers at Otter Nurseries got to see more than just plants as Dr Who characters invaded last Sunday.
The characters from the BBC television show, including a replica ‘Tardis’ and a ‘Dalek’ were provided by ExeWing to raise money for Sidmouth cancer charity FORCE.
The event last Sunday was also to preview the Dr Who spectacular at Pecorama in Beer in July, which they hope will raise thousands for charity.
Customers got to have their picture taken with the ‘Ood’ characters or take a tour round the Doctor’s spaceship, and more than �150 was raised for charity.
ExeWing are a group of locals who come together to put on events based on sci-fi to raise money for local charities.
You may also want to watch:
They used to use Star Wars characters, but after a hiatus and the current popularity of Dr Who they decided to return, this year organising a massive event at Pecorama, the family tourist attraction, to raise money for FORCE on Sunday, July 10.
For more information visit www.exewing.co.uk.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman