Daleks invade Otter Nurseries
Customers at Otter Nurseries got to see more than just plants as Dr Who characters invaded last Sunday.
The characters from the BBC television show, including a replica ‘Tardis’ and a ‘Dalek’ were provided by ExeWing to raise money for Sidmouth cancer charity FORCE.
The event last Sunday was also to preview the Dr Who spectacular at Pecorama in Beer in July, which they hope will raise thousands for charity.
Customers got to have their picture taken with the ‘Ood’ characters or take a tour round the Doctor’s spaceship, and more than �150 was raised for charity.
ExeWing are a group of locals who come together to put on events based on sci-fi to raise money for local charities.
You may also want to watch:
They used to use Star Wars characters, but after a hiatus and the current popularity of Dr Who they decided to return, this year organising a massive event at Pecorama, the family tourist attraction, to raise money for FORCE on Sunday, July 10.
For more information visit www.exewing.co.uk.
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 4 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon