Dance aids Sidmouth cancer care group
SIDMOUTH S Living With Cancer group will receive �1,000 cheque this month following a dance held in aid of the charity at Sidmouth Conservative Club.
SIDMOUTH'S Living With Cancer group will receive �1,000 cheque this month following a dance held in aid of the charity at Sidmouth Conservative Club.
The sell-out event was a great success, with guests enjoying a buffet meal and great music from popular group Trace Elements.
A draw offering 29 prizes, donated by local businesses and members of the public, helped boost funds for the charity, which Bill and Evelyn Lankester helped found and run to give support and counselling to people with cancer who live in the Sidmouth/East Devon area.
Conservative Club committee member Julie Hart said: "The Sidmouth Conservative Club would like to thank all the local companies and people that helped make a success of the event."
You may also want to watch:
All the money donated to Living With Cancer goes towards helping those with cancer.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman