Dance club turns 65 - with a dance!
Salcombe Regis Folk Dance Club members celebrated its 65th birthday last Friday.
Around 40 people enjoyed a celebratory event at St Peter’s Church Hall in Sidford.
A special birthday cake to mark the milestone was decorated by Doreen Cooper, who has run the club for 15 years, and by Erica Connolly - its longest serving member.
The club was founded in 1947 by Doris Moore, who was the wife of the vicar of Salcombe Regis.
Music for the special occasion was provided by the Amycrofters Folk Dance Band from Honiton.
You may also want to watch:
Calling was carried out by Aileen Wills - who first did so in 1976.
Anyone wishing to try folk dancing can contact Doreen on 01395 513131.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98