Sidmouth DanceFit team salute Colonel Tom Moore
- Credit: Archant
Dance group members in Sidmouth snapped ‘selfie salutes’ in honour of Colonel Tom Moore on his 100th birthday, Thursday April 30.
The JM DanceFit Zumba and FitSteps team said they wanted to show their ‘respect and appreciation’ for his ‘amazing efforts, raising a magnificent amount of money for the NHS and lifting the morale of the whole country’.
The group included Dorrie Pack, who celebrated her own 93rd birthday two days later.
Group founder, Johanna Morgan said: “Colonel Thomas Moore, along with our amazing ZumbaGold member, Dorrie, you are an inspiration and a great motivator for us all to stay positive and keep dancing.
“There are shortcuts to happiness and dancing is one of them.”
You may also want to watch:
The DanceFit sessions are currently being run online, through Zoom; visit www.jmdancefit.co.uk for more information.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh