Dancing duo help Sidmouth Hospiscare
THOSE dancing for charity duo John and Sonia Davies have done it again – presenting �400 to Sidmouth Hospiscare nurse Sarah Shaw at Sidmouth Conservative Club last week.
THOSE dancing for charity duo John and Sonia Davies have done it again - presenting �400 to Sidmouth Hospiscare nurse Sarah Shaw at Sidmouth Conservative Club last week.
John and Sonia offer tuition during dance evenings at the club each Wednesday, and the �5 charges per couple are collected and donated to various Sidmouth charities.
Their classes are aimed at introducing people to ballroom, Latin and sequence dancing and so far �3,000 has been donated to charities in the town.
Classes for beginners start at 7.15pm, followed at 8pm for improvers and at 9pm there is dancing for all.
You may also want to watch:
Non-members of the club are welcome for four visits a year, but will be asked to become members if they want to continue dancing or take part in any other events at the Conservative club.
Sidmouth Hospiscare headquarters are at May Terrace and the charity offers high-quality care and support to people with life-threatening illnesses and those close to them, and employs specialist nurses to work in the community.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 7 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 10 High scoring in the Sidmouth Stablefords