Dancing duo help Sidmouth Hospiscare
THOSE dancing for charity duo John and Sonia Davies have done it again – presenting �400 to Sidmouth Hospiscare nurse Sarah Shaw at Sidmouth Conservative Club last week.
THOSE dancing for charity duo John and Sonia Davies have done it again - presenting �400 to Sidmouth Hospiscare nurse Sarah Shaw at Sidmouth Conservative Club last week.
John and Sonia offer tuition during dance evenings at the club each Wednesday, and the �5 charges per couple are collected and donated to various Sidmouth charities.
Their classes are aimed at introducing people to ballroom, Latin and sequence dancing and so far �3,000 has been donated to charities in the town.
Classes for beginners start at 7.15pm, followed at 8pm for improvers and at 9pm there is dancing for all.
You may also want to watch:
Non-members of the club are welcome for four visits a year, but will be asked to become members if they want to continue dancing or take part in any other events at the Conservative club.
Sidmouth Hospiscare headquarters are at May Terrace and the charity offers high-quality care and support to people with life-threatening illnesses and those close to them, and employs specialist nurses to work in the community.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again