Dancing ice creams raise funds
A TASTE of Sidmouth staff have danced their way to more than �1,200 for Cancer Research UK.
The girls from the ice cream and coffee shop in Market Place recruited friends and family members to join them at the Come Dance With Me event at Exeter’s Nuffield Hospital on Saturday, September 11.
Calling themselves Team Taste, the 12-strong group hot-footed it to disco, streetdance and zumba beats during the four-hour dance-a-thon.
Hazel Jones, who runs the business with her sister Laura Bennett, was proud of the team’s achievement.
She said: “It was hard work, but lots of fun. Those that danced with the ice cream suits showed real dedication as it was very warm!
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you to our customers, friends and family who sponsored us, came and joined our team or supported us on the day.”
- 1 Aldi has Sidmouth in its sights for new supermarket
- 2 Tributes paid to 'a real gentleman' of Sidmouth
- 3 No immediate work on town's cliffs despite recent falls
- 4 Person with broken ankle rescued from Littlecombe Shute
- 5 Covid case rise in Devon's young people prompts warning
- 6 Time to show results for £100M broadband fund
- 7 Police launch campaign to bin pressure on 101 number
- 8 Changin' with the times in Connaught Gardens
- 9 Hole in one for Sidmouth golfer
- 10 Sidmouth jewellery shop is a gem worth discovering