Dancing ice creams raise funds
A TASTE of Sidmouth staff have danced their way to more than �1,200 for Cancer Research UK.
The girls from the ice cream and coffee shop in Market Place recruited friends and family members to join them at the Come Dance With Me event at Exeter’s Nuffield Hospital on Saturday, September 11.
Calling themselves Team Taste, the 12-strong group hot-footed it to disco, streetdance and zumba beats during the four-hour dance-a-thon.
Hazel Jones, who runs the business with her sister Laura Bennett, was proud of the team’s achievement.
She said: “It was hard work, but lots of fun. Those that danced with the ice cream suits showed real dedication as it was very warm!
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you to our customers, friends and family who sponsored us, came and joined our team or supported us on the day.”
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 6 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 7 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start