Dancing ice creams raise funds
A TASTE of Sidmouth staff have danced their way to more than �1,200 for Cancer Research UK.
The girls from the ice cream and coffee shop in Market Place recruited friends and family members to join them at the Come Dance With Me event at Exeter’s Nuffield Hospital on Saturday, September 11.
Calling themselves Team Taste, the 12-strong group hot-footed it to disco, streetdance and zumba beats during the four-hour dance-a-thon.
Hazel Jones, who runs the business with her sister Laura Bennett, was proud of the team’s achievement.
She said: “It was hard work, but lots of fun. Those that danced with the ice cream suits showed real dedication as it was very warm!
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you to our customers, friends and family who sponsored us, came and joined our team or supported us on the day.”
- 1 Is the River Sid the shortest river in England?
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 A rare sight witnessed at town's rugby club
- 4 Toto has a mosey around gardens and makes a discovery
- 5 'Fabulous' food festival attracts thousands
- 6 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 7 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 8 The strangest possible score in rugby
- 9 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth
- 10 Sidmouth Tennis Club celebrates unprecedented summer success