Dancing Sidmouth couple give charity boost
A husband and wife team presented a cheque for �500 to a Sidmouth charity from the profits of their dance tuition.
John and Sonia Davies teach classes at the Conservative Club each week, and use the profits to make donations to local charities.
John said after they saw an article in the Herald about the 50th anniversary of Sidmouth Voluntary Services (SVS), it prompted them to make a donation.
They presented the cheque at the club last week to Hilary Hatherley, chair of SVS, who said the group was extremely grateful for the Davies’ generosity.
She said to them: “We don’t receive any grants and we rely totally on super people like yourselves.”
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Hatherley said one of the SVS buses is in desperate need of replacement, and the donation will go towards buying a new one very soon.
John and Sonia teach total beginners ballroom and sequence dancing every Wednesday from 7pm, to improvers from 8pm, followed by social dancing.
- 1 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 4 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 8 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
From the �2.50 entry fee so far the couple have raised more than �6,500 for local charities.
Anyone interested in joining should call 01395 577122 for further information.