Darts club aims high for Sidmouth scouts
- Credit: Archant
AN unexpected donation of £250 from Sidmouth and District Darts League has helped the 1st Sid Vale Scout Group inch closer to hitting its fundraising target.
Scouts chairman Gareth Hughes got a phone call out of the blue and colleagues Brian Manwaring and Louis Hill then attended the league’s annual presentation evening at the town’s sailing club.
It turns out that club members agreed last July at their annual general meeting that the scouts would benefit from money raised during the year.
Brian and Louis are pictured receiving a cheque from Cassie Butcher, treasurer of the darts league.
The money will go towards the scouts’ £200,000 aspirations to build a new HQ at Salcombe Recreational Field - and the Herald is campaigning to support the bid.
You may also want to watch:
? To help the cause contact Gareth on 01395 515552 or 07879 801477.
To make a donation visit: https://mydonate.bt.comcharities/1stsidvalescoutgroup
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 5 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 6 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 7 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 8 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom