Darts club aims high for Sidmouth scouts
- Credit: Archant
AN unexpected donation of £250 from Sidmouth and District Darts League has helped the 1st Sid Vale Scout Group inch closer to hitting its fundraising target.
Scouts chairman Gareth Hughes got a phone call out of the blue and colleagues Brian Manwaring and Louis Hill then attended the league’s annual presentation evening at the town’s sailing club.
It turns out that club members agreed last July at their annual general meeting that the scouts would benefit from money raised during the year.
Brian and Louis are pictured receiving a cheque from Cassie Butcher, treasurer of the darts league.
The money will go towards the scouts’ £200,000 aspirations to build a new HQ at Salcombe Recreational Field - and the Herald is campaigning to support the bid.
You may also want to watch:
? To help the cause contact Gareth on 01395 515552 or 07879 801477.
To make a donation visit: https://mydonate.bt.comcharities/1stsidvalescoutgroup
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98