Sidmouth Lifeboat announces naming ceremony for new boat
- Credit: Archant
The name of Sidmouth’s new lifeboat vessel will be unveiled at a blessing ceremony next week.
The community is invited to join crew and guests for a service on the Esplanade.
A generous donation in trust, from the late Surgeon Captain Peter Jeffrey Truesdale and his sister Barbara, allowed the station to invest in a new boat. Its predecessor, The Pride of Sidmouth, made way for the new boat last month by moving to its new home at Solent Rescue.
A lifeboat spokesman said: "We invite all of Sidmouth community to join us on the esplanade to welcome this new vessel to our fleet and wish it well on every mission it takes out at sea.
"Sidmouth Lifeboat would like to take this opportunity to say 'thank you' to everyone in our local community and beyond for their continued support. We could not operate without the generous donations of time and money we receive."
You may also want to watch:
The ceremony will be held on Saturday, August 17, at 11am.
In the case of a callout the ceremony may have to be postponed.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 4 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 9 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 10 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom