Sidmouth Lifeboat announces naming ceremony for new boat
- Credit: Archant
The name of Sidmouth’s new lifeboat vessel will be unveiled at a blessing ceremony next week.
The community is invited to join crew and guests for a service on the Esplanade.
A generous donation in trust, from the late Surgeon Captain Peter Jeffrey Truesdale and his sister Barbara, allowed the station to invest in a new boat. Its predecessor, The Pride of Sidmouth, made way for the new boat last month by moving to its new home at Solent Rescue.
A lifeboat spokesman said: "We invite all of Sidmouth community to join us on the esplanade to welcome this new vessel to our fleet and wish it well on every mission it takes out at sea.
"Sidmouth Lifeboat would like to take this opportunity to say 'thank you' to everyone in our local community and beyond for their continued support. We could not operate without the generous donations of time and money we receive."
You may also want to watch:
The ceremony will be held on Saturday, August 17, at 11am.
In the case of a callout the ceremony may have to be postponed.
- 1 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 9 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 10 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'