Dates for your diary
CREAM TEA: A fundraising cream tea is being held at St Luke’s Church Hall, Newton Poppleford at 2.30pm on Saturday, July 17. There will be stalls alongside the cream teas in aid of HOPEHIV, which supports children and young people orphaned and affected by HIV/AIDS in sub-Saharan Africa. If you can bake a cake or have any good bric-a-brac or can donate a raffle prize call 01395 567865.
CHAT TIME: A tea and chat meeting is being held on Saturday, July 18 at Sidmouth Garden Centre at 3pm. For more information call Audrey on 01395 568742.
LUNCH CLUB; ST Luke’s Lunch Club is meeting on Friday, July 16 from midday at St Luke’s Church Hall, Newton Poppleford. Three-course meal followed by tea or coffee. Call Joan Entwhistle on 01395 568361 for further details.
SUMMER FAYRE: Harpford summer fayre is on Saturday, July 17 from 2pm at Harpford Hall. Includes stalls, live music, hog roast, ice cream, a display of Jaguar cars and duck racing. Free entry. Proceeds will go toward the upkeep of the hall.
BRING AND SHARE: Ruth and Haylor Lass are hosting a bring and share lunch at Sunnyhill, Littledown Lane, Newton Poppleford on Sunday, July 18. Gather from noon for food at 12.30pm. Call Ruth on 01395 568786 to co-ordinate what food and drink to bring.
You may also want to watch:
CARNIVAL FETE: Newton Poppleford carnival fete takes place on Friday, July 30 from 6.30pm until late on the village playing field. It will include the crowning of the queen, a car boot sale and a barbecue.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 9 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride