David Cameron visits Sidmouth
LEADER of the Conservative Party, David Cameron, said he is looking forward to returning to Sidmouth following an enjoyable visit last weekend.
LEADER of the Conservative Party, David Cameron, said he is 'looking forward' to returning to Sidmouth following an enjoyable visit last weekend.
Mr Cameron, his wife, Samantha and children in toe, spent Saturday in the town where they had home-made cakes in Mocha, before buying fishing nets and other items in the Beach Hut.
He told the Herald: "It was great to have the opportunity to visit Sidmouth at the weekend. The whole family always enjoys visiting Devon, whatever the weather - Sam and I love swimming in the sea and even though the weather was a bit grim we swam in Sidmouth and Exmouth!
"Local people were really friendly and I enjoyed chatting to people on the seafront. The only down side is leaving at the end, and I'm already looking forward to the next time I can visit."
You may also want to watch:
Graham Stout, owner of the Mocha and Beach Hut, said: "He was very friendly and chatty-it was almost surreal. He was like a normal member of the public and had no airs or graces."
The shadow Prime Minister, who is good friends with MP Hugo Swire, told Mr Stout he was attending a 40th birthday party at Powderham castle.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge