Day of emotions for retiring clerk
EMOTIONS were running high for Beer s Parish Council clerk last Tuesday- as she retired from her post and her first grandson was born. Hilary Cozens found out early in the morning that her daughter, Jacky and her husband, Simon, had a healthy 6lbs 11oz bo
EMOTIONS were running high for Beer's Parish Council clerk last Tuesday- as she retired from her post and her first grandson was born.
Hilary Cozens found out early in the morning that her daughter, Jacky and her husband, Simon, had a healthy 6lbs 11oz boy, who they have called Luke.
Hilary and her husband, Eric, rushed to Buckinghamshire to see their first grandson, before returning for the council meeting, where an emotional goodbye was said by the councillors.
She said: "It was a very emotional day for me. I spent all day on the road and only got to the meeting minutes before it started."
You may also want to watch:
Hilary, who has been the council's clerk for 11 years, handed over the reigns to Karen Chipperfield at the annual and parish council meeting.
Chairman John Wells thanked Hilary for devoting her time to the job and said she would be missed.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
The councillors then presented her with cut glass whisky tumblers as a leaving present.
Hilary added: "I was very touched by the chairman's remarks. The councillors took me out for a lovely meal the following night.