DCC ELECTIONS: Hughes retains Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Stuart Hughes held off a stiff challenge from UKIP to retrain his seat on Devon County Council in the Sidmouth Sidford ward.
The Conservative member, the current cabinet member for highways at County Hall, polled 1,923 votes in yesterday’s election.
UKIP’s Lawrie Brownlee finished in second with .1505 votes, while Judy Blackwell finished third for Labour with 361 votes, with Martin Gammell polling 278 votes for the Liberal Democrats.
See the Sidmouth Herald website for more results and reaction.
You may also want to watch:
Stuart Hughes (Conservative) – 1,923
Lawrie Brownlee (UKIP) – 1,505
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 6 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 9 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 10 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
Martin Gammell (Liberal Democrat) – 361
Judy Blackwell (Labour) – 278
Turnout 37.87 per cent