Deaths of two Sidmouth men
Distinguished careers in RAF and Police Force for Sidmouth men
A MAN with a distinguished RAF career has died in Sidmouth on Monday after a long battle with illness.
Group Captain Adrian Peter Dart, CBE, DSO, DFC and Bar, was 94. He lived in Sidmouth Road and in his last days was well looked after by Sidmouth Nursing Home, Winslade Road.
His funeral will take place on Thursday, September 23, at 10am at Sidmouth Parish Church and a tribute to him will appear in next week’s Sidmouth Herald.
Also this week, the death has been announced of former Sidmouth CID officer Richard (Dick) Evans, who died at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, Wonford, on Tuesday, aged 84.
You may also want to watch:
His funeral will take place at the parish church on Friday, September 24, at 11am.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 5 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 6 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 7 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 8 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 9 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 10 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought