Deaths of two Sidmouth men
Distinguished careers in RAF and Police Force for Sidmouth men
A MAN with a distinguished RAF career has died in Sidmouth on Monday after a long battle with illness.
Group Captain Adrian Peter Dart, CBE, DSO, DFC and Bar, was 94. He lived in Sidmouth Road and in his last days was well looked after by Sidmouth Nursing Home, Winslade Road.
His funeral will take place on Thursday, September 23, at 10am at Sidmouth Parish Church and a tribute to him will appear in next week’s Sidmouth Herald.
Also this week, the death has been announced of former Sidmouth CID officer Richard (Dick) Evans, who died at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, Wonford, on Tuesday, aged 84.
You may also want to watch:
His funeral will take place at the parish church on Friday, September 24, at 11am.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future