Deaths of two Sidmouth men
Distinguished careers in RAF and Police Force for Sidmouth men
A MAN with a distinguished RAF career has died in Sidmouth on Monday after a long battle with illness.
Group Captain Adrian Peter Dart, CBE, DSO, DFC and Bar, was 94. He lived in Sidmouth Road and in his last days was well looked after by Sidmouth Nursing Home, Winslade Road.
His funeral will take place on Thursday, September 23, at 10am at Sidmouth Parish Church and a tribute to him will appear in next week’s Sidmouth Herald.
Also this week, the death has been announced of former Sidmouth CID officer Richard (Dick) Evans, who died at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, Wonford, on Tuesday, aged 84.
You may also want to watch:
His funeral will take place at the parish church on Friday, September 24, at 11am.
- 1 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 2 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 3 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 4 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 5 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 6 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 7 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 8 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 9 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 10 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays