Dedicated scout leaders hang up their scarves
- Credit: Archant
A PAIR of dedicated scout leaders have decided to call it a day as committee members after nearly two decades.
Husband and wife Audrey and John Wright arrived in Sidmouth in 1992 and within weeks had signed up to help the 1st Sig Vale Scout Group.
The couple worked as cub leaders, assisted with other sections, running the District Scout Fellowship and served the general group committee.
Both had been in scouting for many years when they were in Essex.
They have had long and distinguished careers as leaders - Audrey as a cub leader and John as a group scout leader.
You may also want to watch:
Both received the Silver Acorn for services to scouting.
Audrey and John reluctantly decided to call it a day on the committee, but will still help out when they can at fundraising events.
- 1 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 2 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 3 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 4 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 5 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 6 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 9 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 10 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
A presentation was made to them for all the years they have given to the group.
“We have all been so thankful for all the help, support and depth of knowledge of scouting,” said the group’s Brian Manwaring.