Demonstator nips career in the bud with Ottery Flower Club swansong
THERE were mixed emotions for flower-lovers this month when a national demonstrator decided to nip his 20-year instructing career in the bud, and chose Ottery St Mary for his swansong session. After developing his skills for a quarter of a century
THERE were mixed emotions for flower-lovers this month when a national demonstrator decided to nip his 20-year instructing career in the bud, and chose Ottery St Mary for his swansong session.
After developing his skills for a quarter of a century, Clive Moorhead wowed members of Ottery's Flower Club and visitors from as far afield as North Devon with one final arrangement master-class.
Mr Moorhead, who wants to concentrate on his Exmouth business, said: "It was lovely to finish with a local club like Ottery. They have always been very supportive."
Club member June Murrell said: "There was much audience participation, the flowers were stunning, the arrangements were big and beautiful and the evening was enjoyed by all."
You may also want to watch:
Fellow flower enthusiast Carol Bennett added: "He's (Clive) been coming to Ottery for 20 years on and off- he's going to be a great loss to us all, He loves his flowers. It was a wonderful evening and people came from all around the area."
The club will donate some of the profits from the evening to the East Devon District Council flood relief fund.
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge