Dennis the Menace in Sidmouth stop-off for Mencap
Mencap mascot stops in Sidmouth for sunbathing and fundraising at Britannia building society
MENCAP mascot Dennis the Menace was in Sidmouth recently, stopping off for a spot of sunbathing during his tour of Britannia branches across the South.
The building society is raising money for the charity and Dennis is travelling from Truro to the Isle of Wight.
It seems Dennis visited Sidmouth Lifeboat, ate chips, downed with a pint with some of the locals and relaxed on the beach before heading off for Honiton Co-Op, where he had a ride in a trolley.
“I have had a fantastic day with the Sidmouth ladies, they made me really welcome,” said the Menace.
You may also want to watch:
“I think we have raised about �170 and we still have more to come.”
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98