Dennis the Menace in Sidmouth stop-off for Mencap
Mencap mascot stops in Sidmouth for sunbathing and fundraising at Britannia building society
MENCAP mascot Dennis the Menace was in Sidmouth recently, stopping off for a spot of sunbathing during his tour of Britannia branches across the South.
The building society is raising money for the charity and Dennis is travelling from Truro to the Isle of Wight.
It seems Dennis visited Sidmouth Lifeboat, ate chips, downed with a pint with some of the locals and relaxed on the beach before heading off for Honiton Co-Op, where he had a ride in a trolley.
“I have had a fantastic day with the Sidmouth ladies, they made me really welcome,” said the Menace.
You may also want to watch:
“I think we have raised about �170 and we still have more to come.”
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 6 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 7 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park