Designs submitted for energy-efficient new home in Newton Poppleford
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Designs have been submitted for an energy-efficient new home in Newton Poppleford.
Outline permission for a three-bedroom detached home was given in 2013 and now the applicant has set out how the property would look and be accessed. It will be built in the relatively large plot of 1 Hillside.
The applicants have proposed a ‘fabric first’ approach to ensure energy efficiency and thermal comfort beyond the minimum requirements.
The design will take cues from the existing homes nearby, with a hipped roof, crafted porch and rendered walls.
The application says there is plenty of space for parking and the ground surfaces will be permeable to ensure percolation and reduce water run-off.
You may also want to watch:
It adds that the location is within the built-up area boundary and in reach of the village amenities.
East Devon District Council will decide the fate of the application.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open