Developer wins appeal for 113-home retirement community at Knowle
- Credit: Archant
PegasusLife lodged an appeal following the scheme’s refusal in December 2016, which was held over five days last year.
An application to create a 113-home retirement community at East Devon District Council’s current HQ has been allowed on appeal by the Planning Inspector.
PegasusLife lodged an appeal following the scheme’s refusal in December 2016.
A public inquiry was held over five days in November 2017.
The new development will be classed C2, which means Sidmouth will miss out on thousands of pounds’ worth of contributions towards affordable housing.
You may also want to watch:
Read reactions in Friday’s Sidmouth Herald.
- 1 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 2 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 3 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 7 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 8 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures