Developers give �200 for Stowford Community Centre
Sidmouth housing developers back Campaign 2011 with donation towards Stowford Rise Community Centre
DEVELOPERS Westbury Partnerships, which is building new housing at Stowford Rise, Sidmouth, has donated �200 to Stowford Rise Community Centre’s fundraising committee.
Alex Lewis and Jan Jones from the committee are pictured receiving the cheque from Andy Disney, site manager for the Regency Walk development of 133 two and three bedroom homes, which Westbury Partnerships is building over two years.
Mr Disney said: “We are happy to donate this cheque to the new community centre. We know the new building will be an asset to this part of Sidmouth.
“We are working had to ensure that the Regency Walk site is built to the highest possible standards, whether this is by designing the homes to complement the town’s architecture; ensuring that local wildlife is preserved or adhering to strict health and safety guidelines.”
You may also want to watch:
Of the 133 homes, 62 will be rented by Devon and Cornwall Housing Association to local people in housing need, with two being individually designed for disabled residents.
A further 27 will be sold on a ‘shared ownership’ basis to local people who cannot afford to buy outright and the remainder will be for outright purchase.
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 3 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 4 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 5 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 6 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller
- 7 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 8 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 9 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 10 Good old-fashioned common sense is what's needed
Play areas for local children are being provided as part of the site.