Developers give �200 for Stowford Community Centre
Sidmouth housing developers back Campaign 2011 with donation towards Stowford Rise Community Centre
DEVELOPERS Westbury Partnerships, which is building new housing at Stowford Rise, Sidmouth, has donated �200 to Stowford Rise Community Centre’s fundraising committee.
Alex Lewis and Jan Jones from the committee are pictured receiving the cheque from Andy Disney, site manager for the Regency Walk development of 133 two and three bedroom homes, which Westbury Partnerships is building over two years.
Mr Disney said: “We are happy to donate this cheque to the new community centre. We know the new building will be an asset to this part of Sidmouth.
“We are working had to ensure that the Regency Walk site is built to the highest possible standards, whether this is by designing the homes to complement the town’s architecture; ensuring that local wildlife is preserved or adhering to strict health and safety guidelines.”
Of the 133 homes, 62 will be rented by Devon and Cornwall Housing Association to local people in housing need, with two being individually designed for disabled residents.
A further 27 will be sold on a ‘shared ownership’ basis to local people who cannot afford to buy outright and the remainder will be for outright purchase.
- 1 Arson attack destroys Ottery NHS worker's car
- 2 Drunken gunman 'nearly shot dead' by police in village confrontation
- 3 Three Sidmouth sites included in review of East Devon employment sites
- 4 Sainsbury's alters planned car park signs after 'customers only' concerns
- 5 Firefighters tackle car fire at Ottery supermarket
- 6 Waves of enthusiasm for Sidmouth Sea Fest
- 7 Sidmouth's Fire Beacon Hill will live up to its name in Jubilee ceremony
- 8 'Amazing' fossils on display at Sidmouth Museum
- 9 Lifeguards return to Sidmouth beach
- 10 Trio gear up for 'banger' car rally in aid of Motor Neurone Disease charity
Play areas for local children are being provided as part of the site.