Devon children’s centres trial ‘payment by results’
CHILDREN’S centres in Sidmouth and Ottery will be among the first in the country to trial a new ‘payment by results’ initiative.
Devon County Council (DCC) is one of nine authorities chosen to pilot the new scheme in 43 if its hubs across the region.
DCC bosses say their successful submission builds on its existing plans to improve life chances for children up to five years of age.
The experiences of trial areas will help Government and local authorities develop a final set of measures so that payment by results can be rolled out nationally within two years.
Councillor Andrea Davis, DCC’s lead member for children and cabinet member for health, said: “We’ll use this opportunity to ensure Devon’s voice is heard, and the needs of individual children’s centre communities are best met through this funding.”
You may also want to watch:
“The scheme will provide an incentive for all children’s centres across the county to be the best they can be, with a strong focus on improving key health and educational targets for the whole family.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites