Devon County Council reminder for school parents
- Credit: Archant
Parents looking to secure their top secondary school preference have until the end of the month to submit their application.
Devon County Council (DCC) has sent out a reminder that the deadline for applications for the 2017-18 academic year is Monday, October 31.
A council spokesman said despite increasing pupil numbers Devon is still meeting 95 per cent of parents’ first choices for primary and secondary school places.
Councillor James McInnes, DCC’s cabinet member with responsibility for education, said: “We want every child to get a place at their designated school, but it’s important, especially for schools that are popular with parents, that applications are made in a timely manner.
“We work very closely with our school partners to try to maximise parental preferences, but unfortunately there are sometimes occasions when applications are received late and children have missed out on a place at their local school.”
You may also want to watch:
Admissions for children moving from infants to junior school will open on Tuesday, November 1, and close on Sunday, January 17.
For further information contact the council’s admissions team on 0345 155 1019 or visit the council’s website, http://devon.cc/admissions
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites