Devon County Cricket Club raises £770 for charity
- Credit: Archant
A trio of Sid Valley causes have netted £150 each after a successful raffle hosted by Devon County Cricket Club (DCCC)
The Admiral Nurse Campaign, Sidmouth Hospiscare Trust and the David Shepherd Cricket Trust were chosen to be the beneficiaries each receiving a share of the £450 total.
The raffle took place daily during DCCC’s three-day Championship fixture against rival county Cornwall at Sidmouth Cricket Club, last month.
Added to the £320 donated to Sidmouth Hospiscare, the cricket club has raised £770 for local causes.
The team is keen to enhance its profile with its new souvenir brochure and support community projects.
You may also want to watch:
David Thorneley, from Devon County Cricket Club, said: “Not only did Devon secure victory over their local rivals within two days, but three worthy causes were also winners.”
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 3 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open