Devon County Show preparations near completion
- Credit: Archant
Rural life will be in the spotlight at the Devon County Show, in May.
This year’s Devon County Show has an exceptionally busy line-up of farming, food, rural life and entertainment in store for visitors
There will be thousands of farm animals and horses, a huge food and drink pavilion, a fabulous floral art, gardens and rural crafts feature, a busy countryside area and a wide variety of exciting and entertaining displays.
A new feature is the ‘Watering Hole’; visitors will be able to tuck into local food and drink whilst listening to a packed programme of music.
Visitors will also be invited to take part in the celebrations for the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, which takes place on Show Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
“We are planning the greatest royal wedding party in the county!” said show secretary Ollie Allen. “There will be a big screen in The Watering Hole, showing live TV coverage, lots of bunting, a mass confetti throw and a wedding headgear competition.
The show runs from Thursday, May 17, to Saturday, May 19, at the Westpoint showground, Exeter.
For more details visit www.devoncountyshow.co.uk
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 5 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 6 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 7 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again