Devon Nature Walks on offer
Three hour river walk on offer from Newton Poppleford to Tipton St John
IF you’ve eaten too much over the Christmas and New Year break, or just enjoy walking, then you might enjoy lacing up those stout walking shoes and joining other walkers for Devon Nature Walks this month.
The scheduled walks are pre-bookable and cost �6 per person, unless otherwise stated, on a first-come, first served basis.
Groups will be up to 15, with a minimum of eight, and it is advisable to wear suitable clothing and strong footwear as well as bring refreshments.
The walk leader is a fully-qualified first aider and should know about any medical conditions before setting off on the walks.
Those continuing next week are:
Monday 9th January - 10am STARCROSS - Meet at Starcross car park. Grid ref: SX976822. Not a great distance covered on this walk but plenty of birdwatching. A good area for turnstone, kingfisher, greenshank and goldeneye. Three hours.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 3 The show must go on as theatre group takes to the stage
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Designated drivers offered free drinks this Christmas
- 6 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 7 Dates for Santa's sleigh tour of Sidmouth, Sidford and Newton Poppleford
- 8 Anniversary gives chance for a look back on three years in the valley
- 9 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 10 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
Thursday 12th January - 10am NEWTON POPPLEFORD – Meet at Newton Poppleford car park. Grid ref: SY086896. Up the river to Tipton St John and back. Three hours.
Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times. Wellington boots are recommended after periods of heavy rain.
There are also Wednesday and Sunday bird-watching sessions organised, deadline for the Sunday sessions is Sunday, January 8. For more details call (01392) 211247 or email: email@example.com.