Devon Nature Walks on offer
Three hour river walk on offer from Newton Poppleford to Tipton St John
IF you’ve eaten too much over the Christmas and New Year break, or just enjoy walking, then you might enjoy lacing up those stout walking shoes and joining other walkers for Devon Nature Walks this month.
The scheduled walks are pre-bookable and cost �6 per person, unless otherwise stated, on a first-come, first served basis.
Groups will be up to 15, with a minimum of eight, and it is advisable to wear suitable clothing and strong footwear as well as bring refreshments.
The walk leader is a fully-qualified first aider and should know about any medical conditions before setting off on the walks.
You may also want to watch:
Those continuing next week are:
Monday 9th January - 10am STARCROSS - Meet at Starcross car park. Grid ref: SX976822. Not a great distance covered on this walk but plenty of birdwatching. A good area for turnstone, kingfisher, greenshank and goldeneye. Three hours.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
Thursday 12th January - 10am NEWTON POPPLEFORD – Meet at Newton Poppleford car park. Grid ref: SY086896. Up the river to Tipton St John and back. Three hours.
Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times. Wellington boots are recommended after periods of heavy rain.
There are also Wednesday and Sunday bird-watching sessions organised, deadline for the Sunday sessions is Sunday, January 8. For more details call (01392) 211247 or email: email@example.com.