Diamond delight for Sidmouth couple
Little Lucy arrives late for Cyril and Joyce’s diamond celebrations
SHE was due on the day, but little Lucy Grace arrived 10 days after her great-grandparents celebrated their diamond wedding.
Cyril and Joyce Kingdom from Sidmouth, enjoyed a surprise party with 17 guests, at the Blue Ball, Sidford, to mark their special anniversary.
The couple met at the Golden Lion, Tipton St John. Younger son David said: “Father was born in North Devon and when he left home he went to work on a farm in Tipton St John and met her in the pub.”
Joyce would have been visiting relatives who lived in the village at the time as she lived in Sidmouth.
You may also want to watch:
The couple married at Sidmouth Parish Church and have two sons, Tony and David, three grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
A former farm labourer, Cyril then worked on the railways, then buses, before he retired, and now enjoys gardening, entering his vegetables in both Woolbrook and Sidford horticultural shows.
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 4 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 5 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 6 Can YOU help successful Sidmouth Running Club Juniors grow?
- 7 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 8 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 9 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 10 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
The couple gave �30 in ‘charity’ vouchers to Sidmouth Living With Cancer during their party, after receiving them as gifts.