Diamond delight for Sidmouth couple
Little Lucy arrives late for Cyril and Joyce’s diamond celebrations
SHE was due on the day, but little Lucy Grace arrived 10 days after her great-grandparents celebrated their diamond wedding.
Cyril and Joyce Kingdom from Sidmouth, enjoyed a surprise party with 17 guests, at the Blue Ball, Sidford, to mark their special anniversary.
The couple met at the Golden Lion, Tipton St John. Younger son David said: “Father was born in North Devon and when he left home he went to work on a farm in Tipton St John and met her in the pub.”
Joyce would have been visiting relatives who lived in the village at the time as she lived in Sidmouth.
You may also want to watch:
The couple married at Sidmouth Parish Church and have two sons, Tony and David, three grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
A former farm labourer, Cyril then worked on the railways, then buses, before he retired, and now enjoys gardening, entering his vegetables in both Woolbrook and Sidford horticultural shows.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
The couple gave �30 in ‘charity’ vouchers to Sidmouth Living With Cancer during their party, after receiving them as gifts.