Diamond do for Sidmouth pair
- Credit: Archant
A couple who met at Sidford Village Hall more than 60 years ago are still going strong as they celebrate their diamond anniversary.
Christopher and Dora Pring met at the Blue Ball before a dance, and they started courting ‘more or less straight away’.
They married two years later, at Sidbury Congregational Chapel.
He was a gardener, while she was Sidbury’s sub-postmistress – but her duties sending telegrams meant they couldn’t take a honeymoon.
They took a belated trip some 50 years on, toasting their golden anniversary in Jersey.
You may also want to watch:
Christopher, now 88, and Dora, 85, ran the post office for 45 years and still live in the house Dora grew up in.
They have two children, four grandchildren and two great grandchildren.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 6 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
Christopher and Dora will mark the big day(Saturday) with family and friends.