Diamond Jubilee committee formed in Newton Poppleford and more news
Newton Poppleford has formed a special fundraising committee to help celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee. Read this and more.
DANCE: So the village can celebrate the Queen’s diamond jubilee next June, Newton Poppleford has formed a special fundraising committee.
Four days of fun events are planned, but in order to pay for this, the committee has to fundraise. Tomorrow, Saturday, it holds a Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Dance at Newton Poppleford Pavilion, starting at 7.30pm. Tickets are still available, priced �10, to include a buffet supper. Bring your own drinks and dance to the sounds of Stuart Hughes.
Tickets available from Rosemary Zirker (01395) 567430 or Mel Burns at the playgroup (01395) 568475.
David Zirker said: “The music will be great, the food delicious and the atmosphere enchanting.”
You may also want to watch:
FUNDRAISER: The Meningitis Trust needs to raise �8,000 a day to support thousands who suffer from the terrifying disease. With more than 500,000 people affected by meningitis in Britain and thousands of new cases expected this winter, the Trust needs fundraisers. Call Ella Constable (01453) 769028, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 6 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 9 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 10 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown