Diamond surprise for Sidford couple
- Credit: Archant
A Sidford couple agreed not to make a big fuss of their diamond anniversary, but their son and daughter had other ideas.
Tony and Pamela Pople were having a ‘low key’ family lunch at the Hare and Hounds when Herald photographer Terry Ife showed up.
And that was not all their son Stephen, daughter Kay Hutchings and granddaughter Imogen had in store for them.
“It was an absolutely wonderful surprise and a perfect day,” said Pamela
Stephen and Kay arranged everything remotely from their homes in Staffordshire and Wolverhampton, knowing they were up against their parents’ golden anniversary bash in the Belmont with their Bristolian buddies a decade earlier.
You may also want to watch:
They returned to Tony and Pamela’s Fry’s Lane home, where they were joined by their neighbours for a fireworks display.
The couple met while working at the British Oil and Cake Mills, and married soon after. They came to Devon 40 years ago and celebrated their 60 years together on August 22.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98