Diamondogz to play charity gig in Ottery and other news/
- Credit: Getty Images
A concert featuring the ‘Diamondogz’ to raise money for charity is taking place in The Institute. Read this and more.
UKULELE: The East Devon Ukulele and Music Club is meeting at the London Inn, Ottery on Sunday, February 3.
Juniors and beginners are invited to arrive at 2pm, there will be a sing-along to ukuleles at 3pm, and everyone else including groups and soloists can come from 4pm, with the afternoon ending in a jam.
For more information call 01404822458.
You may also want to watch:
CHIMNEY FIRE: Firemen were called to house in Winters Lane after reports of a chimney fire in a rayburn stove around 1.45pm on Thursday, January 24.
A spokesman for the fire service said crews used chimney gear and ladders to gain access to the roof, and used . In addition, 1 hose reel jet and thermal imaging camera were in use by the crews to locate and extinguish the fire.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop
LIVE MUISC: A concert featuring the ‘Diamondogz’ to raise money for charity is taking place in The Institute on Saturday, February 9.
Tickets cost £8 each, and are available from Michelle on 07715 609358, or from the Tourist information office.
It starts at 7.30pm; there will be a licensed bar, and all profits go the British Heart Foundation.
WILDLIFE TALK: The King’s School will be hosting a visit from Nick Baker, expert wildlife presenter and naturalist, on Wednesday, March 13. Known to audiences for his appearances on Weird Creatures, the Really Wild Show and CBBC’s Spring Watch, he will be giving a talk to students, parents and the wider community in the main hall from 7.30pm. Contact the school for more details.
THEFT: Police are looking for information after a compressor unit was stolen from one of the units on the Finnemore industrial estate.
Ottery PCSO Maria Clapp said the theft took place either during the evening of Wednesday, January 23 or in the early hours the following day.
It was a AEP HW16 compressor, blue in colour, and the officer said if anybody has any relevant information, or has been offered it for sale please they should contact 101 with crime ref KO/13/35.