Digital switchover advice at Sidmouth Library
WITH just three weeks to go until the start of switchover to digital TV in the West Country, a team of advisors from Digital UK will be on hand at Sidmouth Library on Friday, April 3,
WITH just three weeks to go until the start of switchover to digital TV in the West Country, a team of advisors from Digital UK will be on hand at Sidmouth Library on Friday, April 3, from 10am to 3pm, to offer practical advice on how to get set for digital TV.
Sidmouth is one of nine locations holding digital clinics from now until April 6 and the only one in East Devon.
On Wednesday April 8, only BBC Two goes digital and some new BBC digital channels become available. On Wednesday April 22, all remaining analogue channels switch to digital and the other new digital channels become available.
You may need to re-tune your digital TV equipment to receive the digital channels.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors to the clinics will also have the opportunity to find out their options for going digital, learn how older and disabled people can get a TV converted by the Switchover Help Scheme and put general or technical questions to the advisors.
Bill Taylor, South West Regional Manager for Digital UK said: "The clinics will help us reach people in the heart of communities across the region. With three weeks to the start of switchover in the West Country, this is an ideal opportunity for people to come and meet the team from Digital UK, find out how to prepare and learn what help is available."
- 1 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 2 August celebrations at Manstone Lane – Home of the Vikings
- 3 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 4 Property of the Week: Wolversleigh Farm
- 5 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 6 Return to online meetings thanks to progressive alliance
- 7 Village summer fair returns to support local charities
- 8 Artists given a masterclass in watercolour painting
- 9 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 10 New minibus takes voluntary service's fleet to three
Anyone unable to attend the clinics can call the Digital UK helpline on (0845) 6 50 50 50 or visit www.digitaluk.co.uk