Dinghy stolen in Sidmouth and other news
A green, laser sailing dinghy cover was stolen from the Esplanade, Sidmouth, Read this and more.
DINGHY CRIME: A green, laser sailing dinghy cover was stolen from the Esplanade, Sidmouth, between 6pm on June 30, and 9.30am on July 3.
Contact police with information on 101, crime reference: KS/12/337.
STRAWBERRY TEA: Mums and Dads are invited to bring along their pre-school children to a Tea and Toast Extra Strawberry Tea at St Luke’s Church in Newton Poppleford on Monday (July 16) from 1.30pm to 3pm. For a small fee of �1-per-head, a family can enjoy a range of activities and lots of strawberries and ice cream.
You may also want to watch:
LUNCH: A Pavilion Lunch Club will take place in Newton Poppleford next Friday, July 20 from noon. For �3 residents can enjoy a hot lunch followed by tea or coffee in a friendly and jovial atmosphere. Contact David or Rosemary Zirker on 01395 567430.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 4 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 7 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
SCRABBLE: Scrabble fun runs from 7.30pm tonight (Friday, July 13) at St Luke’s church in Newton Poppleford.
CARNIVAL COFFEE: Sidmouth Carnival Committee will stage a coffee morning and table top sale next Saturday, July 21.
The event will be held at St John’s Hall in Blackmore Drive from 10am to noon. Tables are available for �5 each by calling Jean on 01395 568815.
LEGION BOOSTER: The Royal British Legion Sidbury and Sidford branch is holding a coffee morning on Saturday, August 4 from 10am to noon at Sidbury Village Hall. Entry is �1. There will be cakes, books and a raffle.
MUSIC: Violinist and busker Paul Roberts and pianist Andy Sturmey will perform at Kennaway House, Sidmouth, on July 29.