Dinghy stolen in Sidmouth and other news
A green, laser sailing dinghy cover was stolen from the Esplanade, Sidmouth, Read this and more.
DINGHY CRIME: A green, laser sailing dinghy cover was stolen from the Esplanade, Sidmouth, between 6pm on June 30, and 9.30am on July 3.
Contact police with information on 101, crime reference: KS/12/337.
STRAWBERRY TEA: Mums and Dads are invited to bring along their pre-school children to a Tea and Toast Extra Strawberry Tea at St Luke’s Church in Newton Poppleford on Monday (July 16) from 1.30pm to 3pm. For a small fee of �1-per-head, a family can enjoy a range of activities and lots of strawberries and ice cream.
You may also want to watch:
LUNCH: A Pavilion Lunch Club will take place in Newton Poppleford next Friday, July 20 from noon. For �3 residents can enjoy a hot lunch followed by tea or coffee in a friendly and jovial atmosphere. Contact David or Rosemary Zirker on 01395 567430.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
SCRABBLE: Scrabble fun runs from 7.30pm tonight (Friday, July 13) at St Luke’s church in Newton Poppleford.
CARNIVAL COFFEE: Sidmouth Carnival Committee will stage a coffee morning and table top sale next Saturday, July 21.
The event will be held at St John’s Hall in Blackmore Drive from 10am to noon. Tables are available for �5 each by calling Jean on 01395 568815.
LEGION BOOSTER: The Royal British Legion Sidbury and Sidford branch is holding a coffee morning on Saturday, August 4 from 10am to noon at Sidbury Village Hall. Entry is �1. There will be cakes, books and a raffle.
MUSIC: Violinist and busker Paul Roberts and pianist Andy Sturmey will perform at Kennaway House, Sidmouth, on July 29.