Dinner ace Dylan scoops top award
DISHING out dinners to Branscombe pupils has won Dylan Harrison a prestigious award. The former school catering assistant, who worked at both Branscombe Primary and St Nicks in Sidmouth, has scooped the Gill Barnard award for 2009. The award was set up in
DISHING out dinners to Branscombe pupils has won Dylan Harrison a prestigious award.
The former school catering assistant, who worked at both Branscombe Primary and St Nicks in Sidmouth, has scooped the Gill Barnard award for 2009.
The award was set up in 2007 in memory of Gill, who was one of Devon County Council's highly valued kitchen managers.
It was judged by her husband, John, who is a senior manager with Devon's Children and Young People's Services, and her mother Doreen Stacey.
You may also want to watch:
John said: "We chose Dylan because of how much he enjoyed working with the children and the fantastic work he has done with them."
Dylan was nominated by Branscombe head teacher Katie Gray who told the judges: "He's been like a breath of fresh air to our school. He's a cheerful character and the children think he is wonderful.
- 1 Is the River Sid the shortest river in England?
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 A rare sight witnessed at town's rugby club
- 4 Toto has a mosey around gardens and makes a discovery
- 5 'Fabulous' food festival attracts thousands
- 6 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 7 Bear Grylls praises town's eco-friendly scout 'ambassador'
- 8 The strangest possible score in rugby
- 9 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth
- 10 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
"Dylan has a rota of enthusiastic pupil helpers, teaching them about the need for temperature monitoring and food hygiene. He listens to the children and encourages them to try new foods."
The accolade was presented to Dylan last week
Ex-dinnerman Dylan, who is now concentrating on a musical career with his band, was presented the accolade at Branscombe Primary last week.