Dinner ace Dylan scoops top award
DISHING out dinners to Branscombe pupils has won Dylan Harrison a prestigious award. The former school catering assistant, who worked at both Branscombe Primary and St Nicks in Sidmouth, has scooped the Gill Barnard award for 2009. The award was set up in
DISHING out dinners to Branscombe pupils has won Dylan Harrison a prestigious award.
The former school catering assistant, who worked at both Branscombe Primary and St Nicks in Sidmouth, has scooped the Gill Barnard award for 2009.
The award was set up in 2007 in memory of Gill, who was one of Devon County Council's highly valued kitchen managers.
It was judged by her husband, John, who is a senior manager with Devon's Children and Young People's Services, and her mother Doreen Stacey.
John said: "We chose Dylan because of how much he enjoyed working with the children and the fantastic work he has done with them."
Dylan was nominated by Branscombe head teacher Katie Gray who told the judges: "He's been like a breath of fresh air to our school. He's a cheerful character and the children think he is wonderful.
- 1 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 2 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 3 Ottery couple celebrate platinum wedding anniversary
- 4 Town council joins protest against Sidmouth bus cuts
- 5 Commonwealth Games work gives Sidmouth student 'amazing experience' of live TV
- 6 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 7 Post-lockdown images become public art on Sidmouth billboard
- 8 Folk choir's stage show impresses audience at Folk Festival
- 9 Lifeboat crews join forces to aid broken-down motor boat
"Dylan has a rota of enthusiastic pupil helpers, teaching them about the need for temperature monitoring and food hygiene. He listens to the children and encourages them to try new foods."
The accolade was presented to Dylan last week
Ex-dinnerman Dylan, who is now concentrating on a musical career with his band, was presented the accolade at Branscombe Primary last week.