Disabled sports - call for competitors
A SPORTS day for people with learning disabilities will take place next Monday, September 21, at Exeter Arena. Activities include wheelchair races, throwing challenges, an obstacle course, and giant football.
A SPORTS day for people with learning disabilities will take place next Monday, September 21, at Exeter Arena.
Activities include wheelchair races, throwing challenges, an obstacle course, and giant football.
Councillor Stuart Barker, cabinet member for adult community services said: "This event is the first of its kind and is open to anyone with learning disabilities from across the South West.
"Participants are welcome to 'have a go' and take part in sports or activities that they might not have tried before. There will also be a viewing area for those who want to watch.
You may also want to watch:
"This is a fantastic opportunity to take part in a variety of sports and activities in a professional setting. I am looking forward to this being the first of many sports days of its kind."
The event will run from 10am to 2pm at Exeter Arena and participants from across the South West are signing up to take part.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
Anyone interested participating should contact Exeter Learning Disability Team on (01392) 208373.