Disabled sports - call for competitors
A SPORTS day for people with learning disabilities will take place next Monday, September 21, at Exeter Arena. Activities include wheelchair races, throwing challenges, an obstacle course, and giant football.
A SPORTS day for people with learning disabilities will take place next Monday, September 21, at Exeter Arena.
Activities include wheelchair races, throwing challenges, an obstacle course, and giant football.
Councillor Stuart Barker, cabinet member for adult community services said: "This event is the first of its kind and is open to anyone with learning disabilities from across the South West.
"Participants are welcome to 'have a go' and take part in sports or activities that they might not have tried before. There will also be a viewing area for those who want to watch.
You may also want to watch:
"This is a fantastic opportunity to take part in a variety of sports and activities in a professional setting. I am looking forward to this being the first of many sports days of its kind."
The event will run from 10am to 2pm at Exeter Arena and participants from across the South West are signing up to take part.
- 1 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 4 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 5 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 6 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 7 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 8 Top books to inspire children to love nature this summer
- 9 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary
- 10 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
Anyone interested participating should contact Exeter Learning Disability Team on (01392) 208373.