Disabled sports - call for competitors
A SPORTS day for people with learning disabilities will take place next Monday, September 21, at Exeter Arena. Activities include wheelchair races, throwing challenges, an obstacle course, and giant football.
A SPORTS day for people with learning disabilities will take place next Monday, September 21, at Exeter Arena.
Activities include wheelchair races, throwing challenges, an obstacle course, and giant football.
Councillor Stuart Barker, cabinet member for adult community services said: "This event is the first of its kind and is open to anyone with learning disabilities from across the South West.
"Participants are welcome to 'have a go' and take part in sports or activities that they might not have tried before. There will also be a viewing area for those who want to watch.
"This is a fantastic opportunity to take part in a variety of sports and activities in a professional setting. I am looking forward to this being the first of many sports days of its kind."
The event will run from 10am to 2pm at Exeter Arena and participants from across the South West are signing up to take part.
- 1 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 2 Churchyards are peaceful havens for wildlife
- 3 Well done to jubilee party organisers - lets hope the weather holds
- 4 Ottery's Animal Rescue Centre holds anniversary fundraising event
- 5 Sidmouth sailors host national competition
- 6 Trio gear up for 'banger' car rally in aid of Motor Neurone Disease charity
- 7 Rock Choir fundraiser for Sidmouth's Admiral Nurse
- 8 Arson attack destroys Ottery NHS worker's car
- 9 Drunken gunman 'nearly shot dead' by police in village confrontation
- 10 The Queen;s Jubilee celebrations in Ottery and Phyllis Baxter
Anyone interested participating should contact Exeter Learning Disability Team on (01392) 208373.