DISC service wins award for Devon County Council
Devon’s family information service achieves Families First national standards award
AN information service, provided by Devon County Council for families across the county, has received national accreditation for quality.
DISC, Devon’s family information service, has achieved the Families First national standards award.
DISC provides information and advice on a wide range of childcare, activities, family support and parenting and support for children with additional needs, through its website and dedicated telephone line.
To achieve the award, DISC had to supply evidence that it met all 10 statutory national standards (under the Childcare Act 2006) in the award, and every element of those standards.
You may also want to watch:
The award focuses on ensuring the information service is delivering a high-quality service to the user.
Councillor Andrea Davis, Devon County Council’s cabinet member for children’s health and wellbeing, said: “Congratulations to the DISC team, who have worked really hard over the past 15 months to develop the service it provides in order to meet all the elements of the standards and provide the necessary evidence.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Lockdown has shown the importance of nature and the need for us to nurture each other
- 9 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
“As a parent, I find DISC really useful as it provides a whole host of information at the touch of a button, on a range of services for my family.
“It’s really simple to use, and people can either log on to the website or speak to one of our helpful and very knowledgable staff.”
If you are interested in using the DISC service, log on to www.devon.gov.uk/disc, email discinfo @devon.gov.uk or call (0845) 155 1013.