Flooded road causes disruption in Ottery
- Credit: Archant
Serve flooding is causing disruption on Ottery roads, forcing one of the town’s main routes to close.
It is reported that Mill Street is shut in both directions, following heavy rain causing flooding near Victoria Terrace.
A South West Water spokeswoman said: “We are checking the sewer network in the vicinity of Victoria Terrace, Ottery St Mary.
“However, as the pipes were recently cleaned and checked we believe the water on the road is probably due to the heavy rainfall earlier today.”
Stagecoach is advising passengers its 4/4A service will be diverted due to the flooding, stopping at The Kings School and Otter Nurseries.
You may also want to watch:
Are you a resident that has been affected by the flooding? We would like to hear from you, contact the Herald on 01392 888511 or email email@example.com
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 Football in support of mental health
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank