Flooded road causes disruption in Ottery
- Credit: Archant
Serve flooding is causing disruption on Ottery roads, forcing one of the town’s main routes to close.
It is reported that Mill Street is shut in both directions, following heavy rain causing flooding near Victoria Terrace.
A South West Water spokeswoman said: “We are checking the sewer network in the vicinity of Victoria Terrace, Ottery St Mary.
“However, as the pipes were recently cleaned and checked we believe the water on the road is probably due to the heavy rainfall earlier today.”
Stagecoach is advising passengers its 4/4A service will be diverted due to the flooding, stopping at The Kings School and Otter Nurseries.
You may also want to watch:
Are you a resident that has been affected by the flooding? We would like to hear from you, contact the Herald on 01392 888511 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb