Dogs and owners invited to Beach Invasion Day
If Sid Valley’s dogs could read a calendar, they would be keeping an excited eye on October 1.
Why? That day is 'beach invasion day'.
The pet shop's owners are putting on Toto's Pebble Dash to celebrate the opening up of the seafront to the coastal canine community.
Dogs and their owners are being encouraged to go down to the beach in front of the Belmont Hotel, at 2pm. The Toto team will be handing out treats and poo bags to the assembled tidal tearaways.
Jennifer Jennings-Wright, owner of Toto's of Sidmouth, said: "It's so exciting for dog owners to be able to explore the fabulous expanse of Sidmouth's gorgeous beaches and dogs just love the chance to really stretch their legs, sniff around at the seaweed and have a lovely dip."
You may also want to watch:
From October to May, owners are allowed to walk their dogs on East Devon's beaches, but the district council asks that they respect other beach users and clean up after their pets.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action